The Broadlawns Advocate Circle established a campaign goal of raising $10 million dollars to allocate toward the renovation and expansion of Broadlawns’ mental health facilities, programs and services. The scope of the project includes:
Remodel and expand the Inpatient Mental Health unit
- Increase the number of inpatient beds from 30 to 44
- Provide a modernized and pleasant environment for patients and visitors
- Provide additional treatment, consultation and activity areas
Construct a new Outpatient Mental Health clinic
- Accommodate more providers and centralize access to treatment and services
- Provide patients with a more discreet and accessible facility
- Allow for more services and cohesive treatment for patients
- Expand access to preventative and ongoing treatment so that conditions do not remain untreated and/or escalate to a crisis situation that warrants inpatient treatment
The renovation and expansion of the inpatient and outpatient facilities, services and programs will make a tremendous impact in providing quality care and furthering accessibility to treatment for mental health patients throughout our community. Broadlawns is one of the leading providers for mental healthcare in Central Iowa, and these efforts to modernize and expand the facilities will provide an environment that is more conducive to effectively treating an expanded volume of patients.
Overall Capital Campaign
The Mental Health Starts With Me campaign is one component of a larger overall initiative for the Broadlawns Medical Center Foundation. The overall scope of the expansion and modernization project includes new facilities for the Dental Clinic, the Family Health Center and the Family Medicine Residency housing. Collectively, these enhancements to the Broadlawns Medical Center campus will significantly impact Broadlawns’ ability to attend to the healthcare needs of our community and its most vulnerable citizens. For more details on the overall Capital Campaign please click here.